001.Because of the enormous pull gravitational of the Moon, the shape of the Earth actually changes as the largest oceans are “pulled” toward the Moon.
002. Only with the advent of refrigerator were most Americans able to begin to consume fresh meat.
003. Although ______ a successful film, none of her other works have to date been adapted to the film format.
The Joy Luck Club is best known novel by Amy Tan was made into
The Joy Luck Club was made into a film by Amy Tan’s best known
Amy Tan’s best known novel, The Joy Luck Club, was made into
Amy Tan’s best known novel, The Joy Luck Club, made
004. The gross domestic product of a country is a figure expressed in monetary terms that represents the entire economy value of the goods and services produced in that country.
005. In addition to the more traditional simple oven many ______ either by circulating heated air around the food or by heating the moisture contained in the food with microwaves, and a few do both.
functioning modern ovens
modern ovens that function
modern ovens function
the function of modern ovens
006. One of the first state of the United States, Rhode Island is the smallest of all the states and is located north of the largest city in the United States, New York City.
007. Critical to understand the phenomenon of human intelligence is the notion that not all human thought patterns are either predictable or rational.
008. The advent of the personal computer and easy access to information via the Internet has allowed many more entrepreneurs ______ than ever before.
to open home-based businesses
who open home-based businesses
opening businesses home-based
base at home their business
009. Deciduous trees are those who have leaves that fall off once a year, typically before the advent of winter.
once a year
010. ______ “orca” means whale, the orca is actually a member of the dolphin family, the delphinids.
011. Located in the upper part of the hind shanks of the greyhound [are] the overdeveloped and powerful thigh muscles [enabling] it to make short, [yet] powerful sprints [in race].
012.______ second in size to Jupiter, Saturn has a mass much smaller than that of Jupiter.
013.[Given] the difficulty [of mastering] the subtleties of the violin, there is [not] difficulty understanding why there are few children proficient [in] playing it.
014. What is known as the Homestead Act of 1862 granted those who ventured westward ______ .
to receive needed and desired land
the land they both needed and desired
needing and desiring land
where they most needed and desired land
015.Almost ninety per cent of [American] high school [students] claim they know [how to read], yet this figure is probably [somewhat lower].
how to read
016. From the simplest single-cell organism floating in prehistoric oceans ______ all forms of life now inhabiting the earth.
017. Zirconium is [a] [metallic element] with a high [melting] point that is widely [used] alloys.
018. ______ is the earthquake that is most widely remembered, it was actually the fire that ensued that caused the most damage in San Francisco in 1906.
019. After the Gold Rush in California in 1849 came [dramatically] higher number of [immigrants] than [had been] [seen in] the previous year.
020.[Architect and founder] of the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson [built] his house Monticello [overlooking] the campus [in] Charlottesville, Virginia.
Architect and founder